Utilities, Telco and other companies with underground assets and infrastructure, have a problem to monitor access to a system with a huge number of manholes. The IoT solution needs to be simple to install (no wires!) and frictionless to operate (battery powered), without interfering with the existing operational processes.
Remote monitoring of the access and personal presence can be done efficiently by Manhole Monitoring IoT solution, provided by Bitgear.
IO-Guard multi-sensor LPWAN devices are specially designed to protect manhole entrances, providing friction-less base for deploying niche real-time IoT access and intrusion monitoring system. They provide 10+ years of battery powered operation, with IK10 and IP68 environmental robustness.
The Manhole Monitoring IoT solution consists of:
- Custom made IIoT sensors devices for indoor and outdoor access monitoring
- Applications for all stakeholders and actors, providing friction-less integration into operational processes
- Operational support of the complete system lifecycle
- Access monitoring for systems with 1000's of manholes
- Valuable exposed asset becomes fully digitalized and visible in real time
- Turn-key solution for the complete lifecycle, including circular economy
- Machine Learning enhancements on the service and maintenance levels
- LP-WAN (LoRaWAN and NB-IoT)
- IoT platforms
- Sensor fusion
- Machine Learning