Professional wearables for first responders
In many cases, first responders (or other rescue crews) encounter unknown situation and building layout. In order to synchronize activities, real-time indoor location and monitoring of the local environmental parameters of the first responders is very important.
Specially designed professional wearables provide communication and indoor location based on ad-hoc deployed infrastructure and UWB (ultra-wide-band) technology. The devices are not only the communication hub and location beacon for the first responders, but also environmental and vital signs sensor edge.
- Custom made wearable IoT devices with UWB ranging, multi-mode location (GPS + RTK) and communication (SRC + mobile + LPWAN)
- Indoor positioning based on UWB, and outdoor precision beacons deployed on drones / trucks / tripod
- Environmental sensing of oxygen percentage and indications of poisounous gasses
- Motion and posture detection and notification
- Field tested prototypes. Tested in real time scenarios under EU funded project